Meet Our Team
Membership at Garden Lakes
Joining the church signifies that you want to be a part of our church family as well as part of the larger family of Christ. We welcome all baptized followers of Christ to be a part of the Garden Lakes family.
So, how do you join? Near the end of our Sunday morning worship services, usually at the end of the sermon, our pastor will invite anyone who wishes to join the church to come speak to him as the congregation sings a hymn of invitation.
We invite you to join our church by any of the following methods:
- Accepting Christ as your Lord and Savior. Following this decision, we will set up a time to discuss baptism with you and set a date for baptism.
- For those who are already Christians and have been baptized, we invite you to simply come forward to express your desire to be part of our church family, joining by letter or statement. We will contact your previous church to let them know of your decision.
Our Mission & Purpose
As a family of faith, we are interlocked in a relationship with each other. We recognize our differences and, at the same time, affirm our unity through the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We seek to point ourselves to God and to humanity, realizing that our mission of Exalting the Lord, Equipping the Laity, and Evangelizing the Lost is never-ending. Wherever we go in God’s world we seek to do these three things.
Our Core Values
1. The Centrality of the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
2. The Worship of the God and Father of Jesus Christ in the Power of the Holy Spirit.
3. The Authority of the Holy Scriptures in the Old and New Testaments.
4. The Intrinsic Value of Every Human Being.
5. The Call to Missional Witness, Service, and Fellowship.
Worship - We believe that worship is the most important activity for all believers. During our encouraging and uplifting services, we seek to worship God. Our intent is that our worship of God is not limited to Sundays but we seek to worship Him in all that we do and say.
Discipleship - We gather every week in various formats to learn how the Bible relates to real-life issues of today. In studying God's Word, we hope to live our lives in the same way Jesus would.
Evangelism - Our ultimate goal is to share the good news of Jesus Christ with our friends, neighbors, and family. We desire for every person to have the opportunity to experience the grace and salvation of Jesus.